Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day One of Setup

Wow! Today was a busy day. I am exhausted! I had a team of helpers to unpack and set up my classroom today. I am sooo thankful for them! We got a lot done!
My classroom looks like a complete and total disaster but, believe it or not, we made a lot of progress!

I was too tired to keep going, but had a really hard time leaving my classroom in this condition. Notice the big changes: the desks are arranged for week 1 (they will change), there are complete bulletin boards (thanks Dad, Stephanie, Wendy and Mom), all the boxes are unpacked, the bookshelves are in their places. 

Note the Home Depot aprons on the chairs. I got that idea from Confessions of a Nerdy Teacher. More about that later. Thank you to Megan for tying them all on! 

There is only one storage closet in my room. This is it. I would like to do more organizing, but that's not where my head was at today. 


My library books are all unpacked and all of them that have levels are labeled and sorted by level. There's a few piles left to level, but they're close to done. Yay! Thank you Mike!


The text books are in their shelves. Thanks Dad!


The supply shelf is coming together. 


I will be back at it tomorrow, unfortunately without the team of helpers. Most of the staff will be in the building tomorrow as it's the first day the building will be open for normal hours. I'll be interested to see what it's really like to be in a portable when there are others in the building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment